nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Applecrab rating

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Applecrab rating
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 05:21:25 -0500

Mark,

Normally I'm not at a loss to describe flavour. However in this case, my
Trailman bore a dozen or so fruits last year an none this year due to frost.
I'm afraid I can remember exactly what the flavour was.

I do remember sacrificing fruits starting when Centennial was starting to
ripen and saying to myself that Trailman was nothing special. I tasted them
until after Centennial had gone soft, and several weeks later, noticing a
couple Trailmans still on the tree. I tasted one and remember being greatly
surprised by the improvement shown, as was the "tourist" tasting through the
yard with me. The only thing I filed away in the memory banks was, "Wow,
that's sure a lot better, and kinda unusual, too".

Sorry. I'll make better mental notes next year.

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI