nafex - Re: [NAFEX] where do you live?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] where do you live?
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 08:11:02 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] where do you live?
Desert King produces tiny immature figs this year which are usually what become figs next year. In hot climates, those small figs may develop the same year, but they usually have to be caprified to develop.

Last December -12°C. I think that's about 10°F.

We'll see how it does this year since we're in a drought situation - only 50%
average rainfall for both June and July.

So, does Desert King produce the fruit buds this year which will develop into
fruit next year?  Right now, it has a few small fruits on it on this year's wood.

Derry