nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Why not own rooted apples?

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Why not own rooted apples?
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 13:48:00 -0400

Tom,
I would guess you don't have children aged between 6 and 12...
They are excellent reasons to grow full sized trees - when you see the amount of pleasure a group of kids have harvesting apples, five or six of them climbed in the same tree, agile and light enough to get to the farthest apples, you can't think anything else than how great a full sized tree is.
In my opinion, it fully compensates for the added difficulty - but I agree it is less efficient. It all depends on what you expect from your trees.

Claude