nafex - RE: [NAFEX] BD Spray

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] BD Spray
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:31:51 -0600

Tom asked about Bio-dynamic sprays:

> In looking up Bio Dynamic sprays on the internet the principles
seem a little "mysterious". They use
> terminology like "BD #505 - Provides healing forces (or qualities)
to combat harmful plant diseases."

> However, the book I am reading clearly states that this "BD Spray"
made with fine clay creates a barrier and
> this spray sounds much like current Kaolin.

> These BD farmers seem to number all their sprays and give no
contents of them on the web.

> Anyone know more about the old BD spray used on fruit trees? Is
this BD farming legit or a bunch of mumbo
> jumbo?

I recall reading an interesting (!?) book about bio-dynamics a few
years ago, and at the moment I can't recall the title, although we were
talking about it with friends last week when a group of us got together to do
our annual group seed order. The book gave detailed descriptions of the
production of the bio-dynamic sprays and other preparations, and most people
would consider it "mumbo jumbo" or just plain weird, I suspect. I have
recollections of preparations mixed and buried in an animal skull or some
such esoteric methods of preparation for one of the products, but I know
people that I trust otherwise who swear by the bio-dynamic preparations.
My books are mostly packed away in boxes due to a remodelling project
in the house, but I am starting to get them back on bookshelves, so if I can
figure out the book that I am referring to, I will post it to the list.

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI

<<winmail.dat>>

  • RE: [NAFEX] BD Spray, Erdman, Jim, 01/30/2004