nafex - [NAFEX] BD Spray

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] BD Spray
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:05:36 -0500

Hello All,

I was reading a book from the 70's "Gardening Without Poisons - Beatrice Trum
Hunter 1964, 1971, page 106)
regarding gardening without poison. It mentioned a "BD Spray" (bio-dynamic)
which was made from fine clay and
sprayed on fruit trees.

Is this the predecessor to Kaolin?

In looking up Bio Dynamic sprays on the internet the principles seem a little
"mysterious". They use
terminology like "BD #505 - Provides healing forces (or qualities) to combat
harmful plant diseases."

However, the book I am reading clearly states that this "BD Spray" made with
fine clay creates a barrier and
this spray sounds much like current Kaolin.

These BD farmers seem to number all their sprays and give no contents of them
on the web.

Anyone know more about the old BD spray used on fruit trees? Is this BD
farming legit or a bunch of mumbo
jumbo?

Later,
Tom