nafex - [NAFEX] cold storage scions bleach and grafting tools

  • From: "Peter Knop" <knop@erols.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] cold storage scions bleach and grafting tools
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:31:15 -0800

Can someone expand on the comment of "dip in bleach" process? Also, when
best to make cuttings (as well as make grafts? I took a bunch of cuttings of
che two weeks ago (N. VA - at about 32 F) now stored in plastic bags in
Fridge with damp paper towels) which I will be grafting onto Maclura
pomifera - this is a first for me - will be using some grafting tools my son
gave me for Christmas - tools made in Italy with no brand name simply called
"manual grafting tool" for "notch" and Omega grafts and another for "All
Types".
Many thanks Peter N. VA zone 7 -7C tonight snow and ice :-)

  • [NAFEX] cold storage scions bleach and grafting tools, Peter Knop, 01/28/2004