nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Off-season woes

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Off-season woes
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 15:16:13 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Off-season woes
Be glad you don't live in England.  Some of the birds there, like bullfinches, love to eat fruit buds of all sorts of fruit trees and bushes, currants included.

The only thing that looks really healthy this fall is the currants.
They're dormant, of course, but they are covered with fat buds and have
a healthy look about them.  I gotta say that I've found currants
consistently rewarding to grow - the only real problem I've had yet is
birds taking the crop.

Cheers,
Ginda