nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bananas

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bananas
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:46:56 -0600

Boyd Magness wrote:
miss the rounder, medium sized bananas of the
> 70's, they had a lot of flavor when when picked green
> and counterripened. I can't imagine any of them for
> pot culture, however, they grew about 15 feet tall and
> in clump diameter!

Try Raji Puri. It grows no more than 6 feet in a container and produces a
very sweet, full-flavored banana. It tastes very much like the small red
bananas we can get periodically in Chicago. Stokes Tropicals carries Raji
Puri and many other bananas. They are on the web at :
www.stokestropicals.com
Doreen Howard