nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Note on an invasive plant

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Note on an invasive plant
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 22:59:55 -0400

And in the other direction, if you have really nasty invasives, there are nastier herbicides than Roundup that are more effective against tough mature plants. (Some tough mature plants, like peony, are rather sensitive to Roundup, but many are not, including most woody species.) If you have one stand of one species that you really want to kill once, another herbicide might be a better choice - read the labels carefully. Most of these shouldn't be used where crops will be planted for the next few years, though, so it depends where your invasives are.

Ginda