nafex - Re: [NAFEX] the Comfrey Controversy

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] the Comfrey Controversy
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:11:26 -0700

> have you ever seen the results of a tiller through a area with even a little
> comfrey?

Puhleeze! a rototiller? Moi?

seriously, although I have only used a tiller thrice in 20 years, I have
seen the phenomena you speak of. So, you don't do it!

Have you ever grown potatos in a mulch of comfrey leaves? Once you have
you'll never leave comfrey uncut again.

Have you ever planted comfrey along a fence? Shure is easier than dealing
with weedy grass there!

I have landscaping clients with comfrey patches. They look great when
regularly trimmed. And I get the mulch! Much easier to deal with than lawn.

I think anyone gardening to please real estate value is probably not growing
much food anyway.

-Rick