nafex - [NAFEX] new Pomona contents site

  • From: Suzi Teghtmeyer <srt175f@smsu.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] new Pomona contents site
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:13:15 -0500

Dear NAFEX members,
One thing we do in my fruit science library is to load tables of content into databases to make the articles searchable by author, keywords, etc. Recently we (my temporary employee and I) finished entering our holdings of Pomona. In an attempt to share this large amount of information, I made the database into a website, thus available to everyone.

The site is bare-bones, with the articles listed by volume/number, earliest to current. Articles are listed like this: Title (in bold); Lastname, Firstname of authors; Volume/number; Year, Season; page of article;

Issues included are: Vol. 7#3 / 1974, Summer through Vol. 8/#2 / 1975, Spring, and Vol. 16#3 / 1983, Summer through the current volume/year.
This is the collection held by Evans Library. If we were to get the missing issues (Vol.1 - 7/#2, and vol. 8/#3 - Vol. 16/#2), we would get those added to the website.

We plan to keep the site updated; the newest issue should be added by the end of July.

I welcome feedback - like it/ don't like it/ need to do this.../ "xxx" is misspelled.../ etc.

Points of access:
direct link: http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/pomonatoc.shtml
Journal and Newsletter Links of Interest to the Plant and Fruit Research and Industries: http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/journals.shtml
Fruit Science: Pomology Links:
http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/frtlinks.shtml

Enjoy!
--------Suzi Teghtmeyer

Librarian, Paul Evans Library of Fruit Science
Southwest Missouri State University Mtn. Grove Campus and Missouri Fruit Experiment Station
9740 Red Spring Rd, Mountain Grove, MO 65711
Phone: 417-926-4105, Fax: 417-926-6646, email: srt175f@smsu.edu
AgNIC Viticulture site: http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/viticulture1.shtml
Member: CBHL, USAIN, ALA, ACRL, IAALD