nafex - Re: [NAFEX] figs,mulberry and jujuge oh my!

  • From: "Needham Greg" <needhamgr@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] figs,mulberry and jujuge oh my!
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:58:39 +0000

Oh no! Try corresponding with Lon R.- he has fruited jujube in Oregon, though I don't know if it was maritime, and might be able to help you! Might be you would need to pick your earliest cultivar, put it in a heat-absorbing pot in the most hot, sunny and punishing summer-like spot you have, with southern exposure and something to reflect heat onto the plant during the day and release some heat at night... just some thoughts. I know my jujubes have not liked being planted in less than the hottest and sunniest spot I have- they survived but never fruited if put in half-sun or a cooler spot. Sorry, but I hope there is still hope!

Greg