nafex - [NAFEX] pear questions

  • From: "Adrienne Bordo" <beartown@acbm.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] pear questions
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 23:24:07 -0500

I have three Harbin pear trees and would like to experiment with some top
working.

I also have an old pear tree, no idea of the name. Small, ripens late
August, early Sep, doesn't keep even when picked off the tree. Texture isn't
the greatest but the flavour is very good. It is self fertile. This tree has
been giving more & more fruit with hard spots the past few years.

If I graft scions from this tree to the Harbins, will this problem also
occur on the grafted limbs?

Adrienne
Zone 4, Southern Quebec near Lake Champlain.