nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sources for dwarf citrus trees wanted.

  • From: paul simon <paul.simon@tcs.wap.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sources for dwarf citrus trees wanted.
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:44:20 -0500

Subject: [NAFEX] Sources for dwarf citrus trees wanted.

Can anyone recommend sources for dwarf citrus trees, mail order or NC-area
prefereably?
I am in Chapel Hill NC, near the border of Zones 6 and 7. These will be
overwintered
--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net

If you are looking for a citrus source, you stil have time to consider the YUZU variety. This was written up in the Washington Post food section on Feb. 27. It seems to have quite a intrest among chefs. I hope the enclosed link links to the article. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A64490-2003Feb25.html.

My citrus knowledge is limited to 7 years experence with the local high school band, and my brother's 5 year old thorny orange 50 years ago in Michigan.

Five inches snow last night. Temperature is about thawing on the Centrigrade scale. Pretty out in central MD.

Paul S.