nafex - [NAFEX] Plant Hardiness Zones

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: growwine@kawartha.com
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Plant Hardiness Zones
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 14:23:34 -0500

Hello All,

Hardiness zones change over time. Canada put out a new zone map in
2000. It can be seen here;

http://sis.agr.gc.ca/cansis/nsdb/climate/hardiness/ph2000webmap.html

The USDA plant hardiness zone map can be found here;

http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/ushzmap.html

It is a good idea to know your plant hardiness zone and any factors that
may be creating a microclimate (deviation within zone) in your area.

At one time I always put my hardiness zone into my email signature file
so that I never forgot to add it at the end.

Later,
Tom

===
Canada plant hardiness zone 5b
Southwest Ontario

  • [NAFEX] Plant Hardiness Zones, Thomas Olenio, 01/02/2003