nafex - Re: [NAFEX] last meteor storm(off topic)

  • From: Trey Lewis <mlewis@pelican.state.lib.la.us>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] last meteor storm(off topic)
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:55:42 -0600

Greetings,

I am sure some of you set your clocks to view the meteor shower of the
19th. Here in Louisiana, it was hazy overcast with a full moon so the
viewing wasnt up to par. In fact, I didnt see even the first meteor. Last
year was a different story as thousands streaked across the night sky. I
would imagine that this wont be the last such event in our lifetime. If
the astronomers fail to find things as large as comets, I would imagine a
couple of meteor showers in the next 10 years would not be too much of a
stretch to be overlooked. Trouble is most of the time they are "after the
fact" events. Many is the night I watched the fall sky for falling stars
and wasnt disappointed. Keep looking up!

MLewis