nafex - Re: [NAFEX] seed preparation help

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] seed preparation help
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:19:28 -0500

Edgar
I just use about 1/4 teaspoon of bleach to a glass of water to soak the seed in for a few hours. Drain and put in a zip lock bag af sphagnum peat the I have micro waved a little and let cool. Then I put in the lower fridge drawer. I check my stuff every month or so to see if they are OK. If you find mold clean again and do same thing. I have been doing this for at least 15 years.

Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.