nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grape jam success

  • From: LONGDISTSHTR <longdistshtr@InfoAve.Net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grape jam success
  • Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 12:34:14 -0400

Charlie, the whipped/creamed honey is crystalized first but inexpensive
uncooked honey will turn to a consistency similar to rock candy in a
short while. I'm sure whipping it would speed up the crystalization and
may be done in a commercial production. We just waited a while and
rushed it by storing it in the refrigerator when we got impatient.
It, like peanut butter will stay on your bread and you don't have to
tear the bread when you spread it. Creamed honey isn't popular in this
part of the world but I have seen it in Canada. With our soft mushy
white bread it would be a boon to spreadability. It won't run down your
arm and require licking it off like liquid honey. Our kids always had
clean arms after eating honey "samiches".
Doc Lisenby
Zone 6/7