nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Flemish Beauty Pear

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Flemish Beauty Pear
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 17:31:44 -0700

It's possible you somehow got a bud sport on the corkscrew one. Or it could
be virus. Hopefully the two grafts are on separate root systems, or if it
is a virus it could move to the second graft. If the corkscrew type is a
virus, one way to tell is to graft another scion on that same system and see
if it also comes out corkscrewed.

But on the chance the corkscrew type is a sport, don't be too quick to
destroy it - there is a market for such odd types as ornamentals.

-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com