nafex - [NAFEX] nanking cherries

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] nanking cherries
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 13:42:37 -0500

Ive selected the best fruit from this year & saved the seeds. Do I need
to stratify & refrigerate them to get them to germinate? & does anyone
know if there is someone working on selecting & developing better
varieties of nankings. Ive grown out a bunch of them from various
nurseries, on all of mine fruiting is very uneven, about half of the
shrubs have never born fruit & of course they seem to die off very
easily. Yet I really like them as an easy to grow northern fruit, &
they work great in permaculture designs around these parts.

mIEKAL

finally a day of reprieve from 95+ temps....