nafex - [NAFEX] BT/tent caterpillars

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] BT/tent caterpillars
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 04:33:56 +0000

This year's starting out much heavier with forest tent caterpillars than last year, as expected. Have done 2 sprays of BT (kurstaki). Works amazingly well. They seem to prefer apples and plums over pears so far.
Last year my wife found a powder form of BT (by dipel) hoping what is left over would last better than the liquid kind we can buy locally. I can attest it does as I applied at the low dosage rate using year old powder ( 2 Tablespoon per gallon) in my solo sprayer. Next morning the ground was littered with the bugs. First year I have used a Solo, very pleased, friend got it for me at an auction for 5 bucks too, just sent off for the adjustable tip. Took an hour, and 1.5 gallons to spray about 200 - 3 to 4 year old trees. Del

Del Stubbs www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3