nafex - [NAFEX] FW: New Product

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: NAFEX List <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] FW: New Product
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 14:41:16 -0700

If I may, I'd like to plug a product that is extremely useful for starting
fruit trees, perennial plants, etc. in situations where you may not be able
water them well. Here in Oregon, trees and shrubs planted in the fall and
winter usually can survive and establish themselves enough that they will
make it without watering in most locations. But if you plant something in
late spring, the roots may not get down far enough to get the plant through
the dry summer. No problem if you have water, but if not, I recommend a
product called "DriWater". It's water in a gel form. Open the container
and bury the open end in the soil next to the plant. The gel decomposes
slowly, releasing the water, keeping the plant moist for as much as three
months, which is often enough to get it through until fall, when the rain
takes over.
In the meantime, it takes hold and grows well, instead of just sitting
there.
Works well with houseplants, too.
If you want to try some, go to http://www.driwater.com and you can find
local sources.
I have no financial interest in this - it's just a very useful item for the
garden.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com

  • [NAFEX] FW: New Product, Lon J. Rombough, 06/04/2002