nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Plums kill E. coli

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Plums kill E. coli
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 16:38:26 -0500

At 05:11 PM 06/04/2002 -0400, Doc Lisenby wrote:
I hope I don't have to depend on this lousey Plumcot to produce fruit.
What a miserable excuse for a fruit tree. The Dept of Ag. really blew it
on this one.

I know what you mean, Doc. I'll just keep on cooking my meat 'til it's safe.
I've had a couple of pluots, several plums(Japanese Hybrid and European types), and apricots in the ground here for as long as 7 years - haven't yet had a fruit, and I'll be surprised if I ever do. Peaches & nectarines do manage to set a crop about one year out of 4.
I don't even see many native plums in this area. I can only think of maybe a half-dozen that I've ever seen on my 190 acres, and can only think of a couple of plum thickets that I've seen from the road in my end of the county.

Thanks Lucky.
Doc Lisenby
SC zone 7/8