nafex - [nafex] Re: Off Topic Vegetables

  • From: "lostman_amiga" <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Off Topic Vegetables
  • Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 19:08:30 -0000

Now that you have started on this kind of thread, there is another
variation of this I would like ask about.

How about other edible parts of fruit trees?

Does anyone use persimmon leaves as a tea? How does that taste?
I know a curtain type of citrus tree leaves is used for Thai cooking
(like a bayleaf). Has anyone tried the other varieties of citrus
leaves or flowers. Is there differance?

Here is a kind of fruit tree that is not talked about much. Palm
trees! There are some that produce tasty edible fruit (besides the
Coconut), and some are pretty cold hardy. Has anyone tried fruit off
the Butia or Jubea palms?

....ok, I am sorry, I have'nt had much sleep in the last few days.
I will shutup now. :)

--- In nafex@y..., Don Yellman <dyellman@e...> wrote:
> Ginda:
>
> We all grow tomatoes and such things. The worst that could happen
> you is a whipping with limp asparagus. You want some real
off-topic? I
> got the living dickens stung out of me today installing three new
bee
> colonies. Should have put on the bee suit.
>
> Rgs, Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA, where we are watching for the
asparagus.

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.
FREE Money 2002.