nafex - Re: [nafex] a question about astringency

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch@vsnl.com>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] a question about astringency
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:34:31 +0530

Ethephon or Ethrel works very fine with persimmons. It induces ripening in
many other fruits too like banana, mando, plum and even the little known
PHALSA(Grewia asiatice).

I suppose that it should work in other fruits too where the presence of
tannins is connected with the unripe state of fruits and where these
disappear with the ripening of fruits.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultant on Lesser Known Indian Plants
www.lesserknownplants.com