nafex - [nafex] Re: Is this a Whitney Crab?

  • From: "edforest2010" <edforest55@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Is this a Whitney Crab?
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 00:02:15 -0000

I have still strongly been considering the possibility that it could
be a Whitney Crab, so far no one has said definatively that it isn't a
Whitney. In fact Bob Purvis has informed me that they are not always
round. No one however, has reported, other than myself, that it as the
most delicious apple they've ever had. (That I suspect won't happen,
instead I get quizzical looks, as if I'm daft, when I suggest such a
thing.) It seems that it could be one of three things, Whitney,
Trailman, or Centennial. I will fruit the last two in a couple of
years and then I may have an answer.
Kevin

--- In nafex@y..., Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@g...> wrote:
> A 13:50 02.01.03 -0000, vous avez écrit :
> >Claude
> >I'm glad to hear its not a Whitney,
>
> Kevin,
> Please don't go to the conclusion too quickly - your apple could be
Whitney
> even if the picture looked different to me than the Whitneys I have
> harvested... because: 1- the picture is not that sharp, 2- I could
have
> something that isn't Whitney, 3- shape and color may vary from one
location
> to another.
> My Whitneys were rather round-conical (like a small Lobo) and were
not as
> red as those of the picture.
> Claude
>

> this was the evaluation of a local
> >who may have seen only one applecrab in her life. I really
appreciate
> >your opinion of the picture. So you don't think its a Whitney? Is
it
> >too oblong for a Whitney? Aren't Whitneys more round?

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WoOlbB/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM