nafex - [nafex] Is this a Whitney Crab?

  • From: "edforest2010" <edforest55@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Is this a Whitney Crab?
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 20:15:14 -0000

If you know what a Whitney Crab looks like, please click on "Photos"
to the left of your screen, under where you usually click on
"Messages" (yes in Yahoo groups, its right over there to the left,
little further, yeah that's right, click on Photos and you'll see a
new screen with a thumbnail that says "Whitney Maybe", click on it to
enlarge it.)

My friend planted a tree many years ago, somebody came by and said it
was a Whitney Crab. I never much cared what it was until last summer
when it was decidedly the best apple I've ever had. I had tasted it
for many years but wasn't impressed, but this year, wow.
Anyway, I don't expect that you can say for sure that it is a Whitney,
but can anyone say for sure that it isn't? (I've never seen one) The
flesh is yellow, the flavor is intense, highly sweet and tart. Stays
that way for about a week and then becomes mealy.

Thanks much
Kevin B

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!