nafex - [nafex] Spray N Grow/ Sonic Bloom

  • From: Bernie Nikolai <Nikolai@v-wave.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Spray N Grow/ Sonic Bloom
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 22:05:11 -0500 (EST)

Hi Helene,
Spray N Grow and Sonic Bloom are two distinctly different products,
made by two totally different companies. I've tried both of them (I told
you I was a sucker for this kind of experimentation). Spray N Grow is as
you described, a catalyst that turns the water a gold colour and is supposed
to greatly enhance the ability of the plant to take up nutrients. Sonic
Bloom is a seaweed-like product, dark brown in colour, that to me was very
similar/identical in smell to other seaweed products I have tried. You can
see a picture of it on the "Sonic Bloom homepage". A Sonic Bloom home kit
with what appears to be about 8 ounces of the product, a pump, hand sprayer,
and a cassette tape sells for $69 US (about $105 Canadian) plus shipping.
Spray N Grow did nothing at all in tests on my trees that I could see. I
tried it for two years in a row. I am aware a few commercial orchardists
use it, but many others think the product is "snake oil". My results
indicate the latter. I certainly don't mean to be negative, and I'm all for
experimentation. Its just that "I calls em as I sees em". Neither product
worked as advertised for me, and so from my experience, I'd never recommend
them, unless someone else wanted to try going in with their eyes wide open
as an experiment. As the old saying goes, "the best fertilizer is the
footprints of the orchardist".
Bernie Nikolai
Edmonton, Alberta

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!