nafex - Re: [nafex] sonic bloom

  • From: "HDessureault" <inter.verbis@atreide.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] sonic bloom
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 14:19:33 -0600

Hi Scott:
I did try Sonic Bloom in the past, but only the spray as it was available
separately from the kit which contained the sound tape. I acquired the spray
at a fruit workshop at McDonald College in Montreal (about 10 years ago)and
the people selling the Sonic Bloom had a promotional video which demonstrated
how to use the product (sound track and all) and showed amazing results in
the field which did appear too good to be true.

Basically, the ambiance tape is supposed to create an ideal sound environment
for the plants to grow, much like people listen to new age music (the sound
of water, birds mixed with music, etc) in order to relax and feel good. It is
supposed to be played all day to create a good sound environment, and not
only when you spray the product which is recommended once a week during the
growing season. I live in an area with mostly natural sounds (no high density
of traffic or people, and not much articifial noises) so I decided that the
local sounds were as good as what was offered on the tape, so I didn't buy
the kit with the sound track, just the concentrate.

I have a bottle of the stuff in front of me as I write this. I did order some
more by mail order after my original purchase.
Spray-N-Grow which is the official name of the product, is subtitled "A
micronutrient complex that acts as a bio-catalyst".
Guaranteed analysis:
Iron .10%
Zinc .05%
Directions:
Mix only enough to use in 4-6 hours.
1 teaspooon to 16 oz of lukewarm water (80-100 F) and stir.
Let stand 15 minutes before using. The water will develop an amber or brown
colour.

It is not a fertilizer.
I do use seaweed sprays and this is not a seaweed. I don't know what it is
but I imagine it is some kind of enzyme or very small organism which develops
in warm water, much like a yeast. Maybe there is someone with biochemistry
knowledge amongst the group who may be able to offer a better explanation....

Contrarily to what someone said, you do not mist this product in the morning
or during a sunny day, but in the evening or on an overcasted day because in
the morning the spray would mix with the dew and run off and during the day
the sun would have a quick drying action. You want this spray to stay on the
leaves for a while.

Something does happen when this product is sprayed. After an application, the
new leaves that subsequently grow are much larger.

Is the spray cost-efficient in terms of yield or meant to be use on a large
scale outdoors? That is another story.

A friend of mine was using it in his greenhouse and showed me some plants
where you could see the difference in the size of the leaves from the moment
he started using the spray. I have noticed similar results with houseplants.
For instance, one of my house vine started producing leaves that were almost
one third larger than the previous ones on the same branch a couple of weeks
after spraying. The stems became larger and sturdier too. So, larger leaves
means bigger plants and probably bigger yields. I used it for seedlings for a
few years with good results although I did not do a comparative test without.
It is possible that I was spending more time with my seedlings to which they
responded favorably...!!!

For small scale use, it is reasonnably cheap. (8 oz to produce 8 gallon of
the spray, at a cost of 14 $ CD). I just tested the content of my bottle
purchased 4 years ago and the water turned pale brown, so the micro organism
is still active after all this time.

I think this product acts as a growth enhancer, but needs to be used in a
controlled environment for best results.
Someone mentioned once that it improves the photosynthesis process....??
I remember reading a report where someone declared that simply watering house
plant with the product also enhanced the growth of the plant.

In my opinion, the kit per se is a marketing venture and too expensive, but I
think the concentrate has some merits in certain circumstances.

I have an address where to buy the concentrate in Houston,Texas and also in
Calgary, Alberta.

Now that you reminded me of this, I think I will apply a little Spray-N-Grow
on my houseplants...

Hélène, zone 3

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!