nafex - Re: [nafex] Fall transplanted trees/drought

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Fall transplanted trees/drought
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:08:03 -0500

I have the same problem. Usually, I can put the hoses away well before
I have to worry about them freezing up. I've already lost at least one
plant to the dry fall (because I wasn't paying close enough attention)
and am worried about some others. I also shook some blocks of ice out
of a hose that I guess didn't drain well enough this weekend.

We're supposed to have rain Wednesday. I hope it comes.

Christopher Mauchline wrote:

> Here in SE PA, we've now gone 7 weeks w/out appreciable rainfall
> (which is unusual for us in the fall). I have transplanted some
> trees this fall (I've now stopped transplanting more trees because
> I'm concerned about the drought).
>
> My question is this: Usually for fall transplants I just water at
> planting and then let nature do its job. However w/ this drought,
> how often would you recommend to water the trees?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris Mauchline
> SE PA, zone 6

> 4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a posting and
> NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting was large).

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!
Includes black and color ink.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/XwUZwC/MkNDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM