nafex - [nafex] Triumph of Boskoop

  • From: "H.Dessureault" <inter.verbis@atreide.net>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Triumph of Boskoop
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 22:05:07 -0400

Someone asked a little while ago about Triumph of Boskoop. I recalled having
seen it in a catalogue, which I had lent to someone and just got back.
So here it is :
In Tsolum River Fruit Trees catalogue from Merville BC, which is no longer in
operation but had a fantastic and very informative catalogue, it is
mentioned. On the subject of the nursery, I think it was located in a region
much warmer on Vancouver Island than anyone else on the continent so it was
hard to find a time to ship trees as their trees would break dormancy too
early. The reverse was true in the Fall. They have wonderful antique
varieties.
Triomphe de Boskoop : Holland, Medium green & red, Excellent dessert. Juicy,
sweet crisp. good keeper, Day 6. Day 6 refers to the Apple Flowering Periods
on a scale of 1 to 32 days of pollination.
They also list a Glory of Boskoop - Holland. Red sport of Golden Reinette,
Medium, red, yellow flesh, crip, sweet. Late dessert. Keeps until March, Day
16.
and of course the Belle de Boskoop, which Claude Jolicoeur mentioned in
answering the request.
Hélène, zone 3

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search