nafex - RE: [nafex] Deer Control / Cougars

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <erdmanj@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "'nafex@yahoogroups.com '" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] Deer Control / Cougars
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:23:05 -0500

Derry said:
>I only have to worry about rabbits and meadow mice, but they create
>minor damage
>compared to deer and moose and bears.

I've had really severe damage to my Scarlet Gala from deer, mice, rabbits,
etc., and then discovered that the neighbor's Scottish Highland cattle make
a bee-line to the tree when they get out. The poor tree is a disaster, and
I think will not make it through the season. Those darn cattle just walk
through the n eighbor's fences, and the light ones that I placed around the
trees. They break off branches, eat what they can, rub against the trunk,
and generally wreak havoc.
And that is the only tree that gets that treatment from deer or cattle, and
it doesn't seem to matter if there is fruit on it or not.

Jim Erdman

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!