nafex - Re: [nafex] Stark Bros. Gone

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Stark Bros. Gone
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 19:47:03 -0400

I was sad when Stark Brothers was sold to the low-quality giant in
1999. Stark was a solid reputable company, even if it did bring us the
Red Delicious apple. I am sorry to hear it may now be gone for good.
Still, perhaps that's better than turning into the Michigan Bulbs of the
nursery world. And maybe we'll get lucky and it will be purchased by
someone who will run it well. Do you suppose it was driven out of
business by Big Box R Us? Or is it just a victim of a mismanaged parent
company?

I guess this means I won't get a refund on my dead Nanking Cherry from
Gurneys. I've never had something quite so dead shipped to me - just
dropped in a plastic bag.

Ginda