nafex - Re: [nafex] Round up damage

  • From: "victoria l. caron" <vicaron@gis.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Round up damage
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:35:05 +0000

Last summer I tried to spot kill quack grass and vetch in my perennial bed. I
was really short on time and thought this might work and also thin out my New
England Asters at the same time. I was careful to cover the plants that were
not
being targeted except for the asters. This strategy worked great. The only
problem I noted was that some plants which had not been in contact with the
Roundup exhibited weakness later in the season. This made me wonder if maybe
the
Roundup that had been absorbed into the roots and therefore was present in the
soil, became available to some of the nearby plants that might be more
sensitive.
vic NH zone 3