nafex - [nafex] Re: Round up damage

  • From: mauch1@aol.com
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Round up damage
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:15:50 EDT

My father sprayed roundup around my place this spring (I had reluctantly
given him permission). His sprayer must of had a blockage and was shooting
slight spray to the side I have roundup damage in a number of places, but
some things haven't quite died, yet.

I have damage on:
Honeyberry (Lonicera edulis) (The frustrating part is that this plant was
recovering from lawnmower damage, and was one of two I'd gotten from Hidden
Springs - the remaining two I have (one from HS and one from Forest Farm
bloomed this spring - but perfectly sequentially a week after the HS was done
blooming the one from FF bloomed)).

Blackberry (varying degrees of damage on 7 plants)
Boysenberry

Climbing rose

Redbud

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

<<<
RoundUp kills from the roots up, if the leaves are showing stress it is most
likely too late.

But it is a contact poison, and has to be absorbed by the leaves. If you do
overspray, or a gust of wind moves your
spray, remove affected leaves ASAP.

Rather than take that risk I suually cover small plant/whips with plastic
bread bags to prevent the contact poison from
getting on them. Leave the bags on till the poison dries.

What type of plants? Trees over a certain size should be safe.