nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: parafilm results

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: parafilm results
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:07:36 -0400

Hi
If any of you read the chip budding info I put up, you will see that
they use clear plastic strips with great success.
Here is the solution for replacing parafilm, which is expensive any way. I
have it and use it. My mentor of many years ago cut 1 to 1 1/2 inch wide
strips from clear plastic bread wrappers they can be pulled tight. He did
not use rubbers or anything else. He wrapped and then tied off just like you
would with rubber strips. He had very high success rate. He's gone now,
grafted till the end at 85 years. When he asked his son if he would be
getting out of bed after his last problem he said it is time for me to go
see momma now (His wife had died of botched up surgery 6 years prior.) He
lived alone and very alert. He just quit his medication and eating.
Gordon C. Nofs