nafex - Re: [nafex] Consort Black Currants

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Consort Black Currants
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 22:29:26 -0400

I read in "The Backyard Berry Book" that black currants are
self-infertile, and need a pollinator. But my lone Consort black
currant fruited last year. Is it self fertile? Might it have been
pollinated by other ribes (various red currants and some crandalls)?
Would it be even more fruitful if it had a mate?

Thanks,
Ginda

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM