nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: spring

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: spring
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 19:51:10 -0400

Deer that live that close to people do not shy away for very short time it
has been proven.
I used to do all the things that they say deer will be scared away from
while hunting. eat meat sandwiches, urinate from my tree stand, drive my 4
wheeler up and park in brush behind my stand, go out in work clothes with
oil etc. have even poured a bottle of after shave lotion from my stands.
Maybe it's because they are always sniffing the ground that they don't see
me take aim on them. Save your money, unless your buying lead.
Gordon
Here it's time once again to replace the roses that the deer have eaten to
the nub.

I read in the last issue of Kitchen Gardener of yet another "sure-fire"
trick
to try on the deer. It is to hang or stake into the ground sheets of the
fabric softener "Bounce" near the plants that the deer are feeding on. Deer
are reported to dislike the scent and the sheets are said to be effective
months at a time, even after rains. Naturally, I've got little white sheets
staked all over the garden. Hope springs eternal.

Jack Fischer
Oakton, Virginia

Teach your child to read with Hooked on Phonics!
Hooked on Phonics is easy for parents, fun for
children and highly recommeded by educators.
Discover why over 2 million families have purchased
Hooked on Phonics to help their children succeed.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/oPDEUD/mfYCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM