nafex - Re: [nafex] Perfect-flowered persimmons

  • From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Perfect-flowered persimmons
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 10:24:24 -0600

At 07:05 AM 01/02/2001 -0800, Lon wrote:
>Sounds like a valuable find to me. Jerry Lehman is the guy collecting a lot
>of those, but I wouldn't mind a scion or two, either, IF it ripens no later
>than Early Golden, and hopefully earlier.

Didn't pay that much attention to when the first fruits were ripe on it
this year, and my Early Goldens haven't fruited yet(just grafted this
spring), so I can't make that comparison on ripening period.
Did come across another persimmon(another roadside fencerow tree) this
year, that was dropping ripe fruits around 1 September - tasty, but
fully-seeded; good timber-type growth.
Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY