nafex - Re: [nafex] Apple Arrogance and managing your time

  • From: PermacultureNo1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Apple Arrogance and managing your time
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 07:44:19 EDT

In a message dated 10/3/00 10:29:47 PM, the.fluffy.bunny@juno.com writes:

<< Dan wrote:

What is it about apple information? When someone posts about bartlett,
they
mention it in the subject field as Bartlett pear. Or red haven peaches.
But
apple posts by the scores crop up with no mention in the subject of the
fruit that they are about. I have news. I don't give a %%%^)#@#$$ about

your apples and I don't want to read about them or to open apple posts
that
have not been properly labeled. You may think I am being a big cranky on

this, but this is the second time I have had to ask people to label their

$^#^#&% apple posts. The first time it stuck for about 15 minutes. It
is
just common courtesy to label posts clearly. Please do it.

My reply:

Dan, if I recall correctly you run an educational institution.

I mention this because you may have ready access to someone who might be
able to provide an efficient solution to your problem. You might wish
to consider the merit of asking someone if and how to utilize e-mail
filters. Failing that you might wish to consider an e-mail service that
you can tie to open source code or something you can safely tamper with.
For instance JUNO is a free e-mail service that allows you to interact
without Internet access, which in part is why I use it. One other
benefit is JUNO is written in Visual Basic. As a result anyone with a VB
development kit can easily modify the source code(of course you are
violating their terms of service agreement).

You can therefore search each e-mail(not just the headers)for key words
and delete the messages before they even appear in your reader.

I find such filtering to be a great time management and virus management
tool.

I know such an implementation is not without effort, but considering
electronic communication i

Kevin(the fluffy bunny)Mathews >>

Actually, I've begun filtering out people who send posts such as your TRIPPLE
CROWN post. It is unfortunately necessary to block all mail from people
because they don't bother to be clear in the subject line.

Dan

Dial 1-800-555-TELL -- You Won't Believe Your Ears!
For more details, click here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9537/15/_/423498/_/970659863/

  • Re: [nafex] Apple Arrogance and managing your time, PermacultureNo1, 10/04/2000