nafex - [nafex] Apple Canada Reinette

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Apple Canada Reinette
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 14:17:35 -0400

Hello,

I am looking for a good description of the Canada Reinette apple, does
anyone have one?

Recently I got reccomendations for four varieties that might be up my taste
alley; Belle de Boskoop, Keepsake, Novaspy, and Canada Reinette (I like them
tart and very crisp). I have been able to find descriptions for all of them
except the Canada Reinette.

Can anyone help me out?

Also, I just transplanted a larger dwarf apple tree (3-4" diameter truck,
10' tall, 40" rootball), and I have scoured the web, and all my books for
tips on transplanting a mature tree (Lon helped me quite a bit too). I have
found only one strategy and that recommends wrapping a larger transplants
trunk and major limbs in burlap to help prevent moisture loss during the
winter. Has anyone heard of this, and should I bother?

Thanks in advance for any information you can offer on the Canada Reinette,
or the transplant.

Regards,
Tom
--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Canada

Restaurants, Movies, Weather, Traffic & More!
Access Tellme from any phone. For more info visit:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9534/15/_/423498/_/970596831/