nafex - Re: [nafex] Apple Recommendations

  • From: john bunker <jbunker@palermo.org>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Apple Recommendations
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 10:37:10 -0700

You might ask yourself where in the country and for what use. If your
talking pies or sauce, you might come up with a whole different list.
Duchess makes a tart pie that's hard to beat. Wealthy makes a pie with
a subtle sweetness that is also hard to outdo.

If I was to add one favorite dessert apple, I'd add Garden Royal, a not
very well know apple from Sudbury Mass about 1790. In a fall taste test
we had a year ago it came in second to Cox, and almost beat it out. It
was widely grown until the advent of commercial orcharding. Not a
commercial variety. I'd also have to "second" Cox's Orange Pippin,
Hudson's Golden Gem and Ashmead's Kernal.

Get free updates on your stocks from any phone with Tellme!
Click here and you can even personalize these quotes.
http://click.egroups.com/1/9536/15/_/423498/_/970586054/