nafex - [nafex] Sweet Sixteen Call

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Sweet Sixteen Call
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 20:23:42 -0500

First, I appreciate all the time everyone took to recommend good-tasting
apples. The variety that got the most recommendations is Sweet Sixteen. I
ordered it one year from Applesource, and it wasn't as vividly flavored as
its description touted. Soil, climate, weather, etc. make all the
difference, as you all have wrote.

Would it be too much to ask you growers of Sweet Sixteen to send me 2
apples? I figure if I get them from different climate zones and weather
conditions, there will be marked differences in appearance and taste. There
are a couple of nafex list members in So. Wisconsin and No. Illinois. I
propose we get together on a Saturday, taste all the Sweet Sixteen apples
and compile an evaluation sheet on all. This would be posted to the list
with our comments. Anyone up for this?

If so, email your climate zone and when Sweet Sixteen is ripe. Also, anyone
in So. Wisconsin or No. Illinois who wants to be part of the taste test
panel, email me. This could be fun!
Doreen Howard
Janesville, WI--Zone 4b

Get a NextCard Visa with rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR!
1. Fill in the brief application
2. Get approval decisions in 30 seconds!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9334/15/_/423498/_/970190574/