nafex - Re: [nafex] Overwintering fig question

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Overwintering fig question
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 06:51:53 -0700

Free @Backup service! Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
@Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
your files online. Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6348/15/_/423498/_/969716994/

Two possibilities I can think of. First, you may not have brown turkey.
Given the amount of mislabling by some nurseries that sell figs, that's not
unlikely. Desert King, for instance, only produces ripe figs on two year
wood, but it does make small immature figs on new growth.
The other possibility is that it in your area it gets too cool to ripen
the figs in the fall. If that's the case,you need to provide extra heat,
such as with a small greenhouse (a few supports and some plastic film is
all). Or plant the tree against a south facing wall.