nafex - [nafex] Re: wimpy grape cuttings

  • From: Carolyn Wood <natvwine@cut.net>
  • To: nafex chat <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: wimpy grape cuttings
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:52:00 -0600

I started four varieties of grapes this year; Leon Millot, Pinot Noir,
Gewurtztraminer (sp?) and Riesling.

The success varied wildly with 20% for LM, 30% for PN, 100% for Gewurtz,
and 75% for Riesling. Seems to me like the warmth lovers (reds) didn't
appreciate our cool nights and I take that as a signal that they will be
trouble later too in our climate.

Lon, am I assuming too much or am I just being lazy?

Thanks, Bob- Z4 Utah

PS, I also rooted six of those figs I talked about earlier in the year
and will soon post a detailed description of the fruit as the mother
plant is apparently loaded and ripe.

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....
http://click.egroups.com/1/7009/0/_/423498/_/967081901/