nafex - Re: [nafex] Green Gage Plums

  • From: Richard Tripp <rtripp@u.washington.edu>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Green Gage Plums
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 18:34:23 -0700 (PDT)

I picked my GreenGage today. A reasonable crop but not too large (as
usual). Since I make preserves out of it, I am quite happy with the
variety. It gets a touch of Brown Rot, but not as bad as Damson, which
is right next to it. If you do not delay picking you are in good shape
with the crop. I have recently picked Early Laxton and Shiro which were
bumper crops. Kirkes Blue should ripen soon. It is a shy producer but
very nice for eating. The rest of my plums are yet to come. Should be a
good year. Kind of surprising, since I only had two days of 32F, but
quite a few days in the 40's. One of my better years.

Dick Woodway, WA zone 8 near the Sound.

http://click.egroups.com/1/7012/0/_/423498/_/966735265/