nafex - [nafex] Green Gage Plums

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: NAFEX List <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Green Gage Plums
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 08:11:14 -0700

In most texts, authors rave about green gage plums. I'm grown a number of
them over the years and frankly, I've not been impressed. Most of them had
so little acid they were sweet, but flat tasting to me, and the flesh of
most was soft and almost mealy. On top of that, the fruit was more
susceptible to brown rot and cracking than regular Prunus domestica. Am I
missing something, or is my taste just at odds with that of the people who
write about them? Personally, I prefer a good Prune D'Agen or Imperial
Epineuse anytime (both reddish blue).
-Lon Rombough

Find long lost high school friends:
http://click.egroups.com/1/8016/0/_/423498/_/966698053/