nafex - Re: [nafex] Asian pear recommendation needed

  • From: lee sharp <sharplr@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Asian pear recommendation needed
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 10:52:15 -0700 (PDT)

Several years ago, I planted several asian pear type
including Tsu Li. Prior to planting, I obtained a
planting recommendation from the University of
California which suggested Tsu Li and Ya-Li should be
planted close together as they were recommended
pollinators for each other. I have many European and
Asian pears in my orchard and all produce abundantly.
In my opinion the Tsu Li is the most outstanding pear
of all. The pear should be picked after the skin
turns yellow and refrigerated at least to a complete
chill.