nafex - [nafex] Bears in the orchard

  • From: "Angel de los Andes" <zapala@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Bears in the orchard
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 23:49:00 GMT

Last year a bear got a good taste of honey from my hives. I immediately put
up an electric fence: one strand of wire about 3' off the ground. I wrapped
fresh BACON on the wire every 8' or so. The bear(s) never bothered the hive
again. Presumably he/she got zapped while checking out the bacon. This
plan was recommended by a neighbor.

THIS WAS SENT TO ME BY A NEIGHBOR AFTER I TALKED WITH HER ABOUT A BEAR
PROBLEM SHE HAD LAST YEAR. IT MAY WORK FOR YOU TOO.

REGARDS,
ARMANDO BONA