nafex - Re: [nafex] plum seedlings

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] plum seedlings
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 15:21:23 -0400

A 01:45 00.06.09 +0000, Victoria wrote :
>Any idea what the sucker tree
>could be this far north? It's been in the area for years.

Up here, I have a Damas bleu that produces many suckers like that - I just
keep on removing some and giving them away or planting them elsewhere. Its
fruit is a bit like an Italian blue but much smaller (a little over 1 inch
tall). It is delicious when well ripe. Most plums I have seen that were on
their own roots (and not grafted) did produce some suckers.
Claude, Quebec (zone 4)

Take 20 friends to Vegas on New Year's courtesy of Expedia.com.
Win the airfare, a suite at Bellagio and $15,000. Or win 2 roundtrip
tickets anywhere in the U.S. given away daily. Click for a chance to win.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5294/0/_/423498/_/960492247/